We all know that refined sugar is extremely addictive. Professor Hoebel of Princeton University discovered that “sugar stimulates receptors to activate the same pathways that are stimulated directly by drugs such as heroin or morphine.” Also a study published in 2010 in the The Journal of Psychoactive Drugs found that ‘Sugar addiction” causes similar reaction in the brain as other addictive drugs do.
Sugar addiction is a very difficult habit and most of the addicts cannot give up sugar. This is due to tha fact that the body and digestive tract become overrun with parasites, yeast, candida and other sugar-loving bacteria which if you stop consuming sugar will cause intense withdrawal symptoms. Luckily, you can fight this addiction with the help of some natural ingredients as peppermint essential oil.
Alan Hirsch MD conveyed a study on peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center. It was concluded that peppermint will make you feel full after meals. Inhaling peppermint will directly affect the satiety center in the brain- the ventro-medial nucleus of the hypothalamus.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint was firstly described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. This plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint. It is rich in menthol content which makes it different from other products. Except being used in toothpaste and chewing gyms for oral help, it is also used to reduce occasional stomach upset and helps in respiratory problems. That is why, peppermint oil is one of the best- selling essential oils.
How to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
- You can apply peppermint oil to the feet to alleviate pain and you can also use a diffuser and inhale this oil when you feel cravings.
- You may also apply 2-4 drops on abdomen and temples.
- Prepare a mixture of 2 drops coconut oil and 2 drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply the mixture on your wrists. Do this every morning and evening.
- Directly inhale or
- Diffuse (where to find)
Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- To feel more energetic, rub the oil on temples after you wake up.
- Diffuse when you suffer from fatigue and low on energy.
- To alleviate occasional stomach upset, take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule
- Improves digestive health.
- For fresh breath, place one drop in your mouth.
- You can also add two to three drops in your favorite smoothie.
- Helps against bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
- Improves respiratory function and clear breathing.
- Usually found in oral health products.