Are you aware that in some stores the chocolates are intentionally put near the pads and tampons? And the reason is so obvious. All women are familiar with that “special time of the month,” when they feel pain, mood swings, bloating and craving chocolate.
But just because almost every woman gets crazy about chocolate every month it doesn’t mean it is normal. Period shouldn’t be stressful; it should be rather normal condition, natural and painless.
Extremely painful periods, serious mood swings or abnormal cravings before and during the period may be linked with hormonal imbalance. Irregular, missing, too light or too heavy periods are not normal as well. But there are other symptoms of hormonal imbalance as well:
- Weight gain/loss without reason
- Mood swings
- Missing libido
- Abnormal (painful, missing, frequent, heavy, etc.) periods
- Hair loss
If you have problems with painful period or you have symptoms that are mentioned above, AVOCADOS CAN REALLY HELP!
Before thinking that you can gain weight, you must know that the fat in avocado is monounsaturated, GOOD FAT which helps against heart diseases and certain types of cancer.
Essential fats are crucial for hormone production. Consuming a variety of whole foods high in short, medium and long-chain fatty acids are crucial for maintaining your hormones balanced.
By balancing your progesterone, testosterone and estrogen levels, avocados will help in boosting energy and retaining lean muscle mass, in women and men as well. They will help women to have painless and regular periods.
You can prepare this Easy Guacamole recipe:
- 1 avocado
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ t lime juice
- ¼ bell pepper chopped into tiny pieces
- ¼ tomato chopped into tiny pieces
- Cilantro, as desired
- Salt and pepper (optional)
After cutting the avocado in half, get the pit out because you will need the fruit.
Make a mixture from lime, avocado, garlic, cilantro, pepper and tomato.
Add salt and pepper for better taste.
There are other ways which can help with balancing hormones besides eating avocados:
- Consuming coconut oil for essential fats
- Breathe, relax, do yoga
- Eating a clean, whole foods diet
- Balancing your Omega 3/6 ratios
- Doing interval exercise
- Supplementing with vitamin D
- Adding herbs, like maca, ashwagandha and turmeric into your diet
- Limiting coffee
- Eliminating toxic kitchen and body care products
- Getting proper sleep
- Quitting your birth control pill or other hormonal form of birth control
Hormonal health is very important so start consuming avocados immediately!